About Friends of the Angel
The Friends of the Angel volunteer committee began meeting in 2007 and officially became a Non-Profit IRS § 501(c)3 organization in 2014. In addition to planning annual dedication and remembrance events, our committee members and volunteers have developed lifelong friendships through our common connection of loss.
At its heart, Friends of the Angel is a remembrance group. While we are past the intense grieving stage, we will always miss our loved ones. We began meeting in 2007 out of a desire to remember our loved ones. We devote the time we would have spent with our loved ones by helping other grieving families.
Friends of the Angel is very grateful for the support and encouragement of our family, friends and the surrounding community. From planning an increased number of events to installing lighting and signage around the memorial, support from volunteers, sponsors and donors has gone a long way. The Angel of Hope statue unites our community and offers hope to grieving families.
Friends of the Angel is a volunteer group honoring the Angel of Hope Statue located at the Maple Grove Arboretum in Maple Grove, MN.
- To help others honor, remember and keep the memory of their loved ones alive
- To offer hope, encouragement, and fellowship through our common connection of loss by hosting events at the Angel of Hope statue
- Annual December 6 Remembrance Gathering that follows the candlelight memorial service
- Spring and Fall brick dedications the first Sunday in November & June
- Annual “Walk to Remember” the first Saturday in May
Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extrordinary destiny - C.S. Lewis